Working with medicinal herbs is just about the most favorite hobby I have. And, I have alot. It is really exciting to see more and more people beginning to engage in this wonderful pursuit in a quest for wellness and healthy living. Natural herbs are a great addition to our bodies – both externally and internally.
Today I am writing about two easy herbs to work with that have great healing properties.
First, Calendula. Calendula is a herb I work with a great deal in my salve making. Here are all the benefits of calendula.
The best way to preserve them is drying. Then you can either make salves or creams with them. Here are how tos, to make a salve of any kind of medicinal and also how to make creams. See links below.
Now, let’s talk about Lemon Balm.
Lemon Balm is a wonderfully aromatic herb that has great healing properties.
Lemon balm can be used in th following ways: See links after each topic to learn how to make each.
- dried in teas – (this one needs no explaining)
- fresh in water mixtures (iced teas) – Process To Make Lemon Balm Tea
- added to bath water (needs no explaining)
- natural bug sprays – Lemon Balm Bug Spray
- lip balm – Lemon Balm Lip Balm
- immune boosting tinctures – Lemon Balm Tincture
- lemon balm jellies – Lemon Balm Jelly
- lemon balm syrup – Lemon Balm Syrup
- lemon balm pesto – Lemon Balm Pesto
At HiBar Ranch, Farm and Forest we encourage you to grow these two medicinals at home and try to make some of these wonderful health/food products yourself.
God Bless! L. Davis